So last night one Casey, one Brandi, and one Mistro load into a silver Volkswagon Beetle and make the journey to Baton Rouge. Our dear friend Carlos Rossi was also in attendance in the form of a maroon plastic cup, being shared when one said "Chab-please"! The entire soundtrack of Rent was sung off-key in the front seats, on-key in the backseat (Mistro's location). During an unexpected detour - damn Juban road - our collective steady increase in body weight was discussed. Casey then confessed he wished he had the willpower of an anorexic person. We're too in love with food.
So we finally arrive and defying all odds, we get princess parking. Splash was an experience. Here are the things I learned:
- You would think lesbians would dress up and be way fashionable. They are all a mess.
- When the song 'It's Raining Men' plays, it actually rains. Mist, fog, oh yeah.
- Screw the conversation of how we're all chubs. We definitely burned some calories on the dance floor.
- Bartenders wrap the napkin around the beer in a bow tie. See, gay men know presentation!
- The doors do not lock in the bathrooms. Which I found a bit unnerving.
- The men love my shoes. The women loved my dress.
Much love <3>
Pictures coming soon!